In Paros Luxury Hotel we take the privacy of your personal data very seriously and we taken measures in order to fully comply with the GDPR. We make every effort to carefully store and process the information you share with us, with your consent. In this privacy notice we inform you who we are, how we use your private information and why, as well as the rights that you have regarding this data. Personal data or personal information is any information that is collected and recorded in a way that may directly or indirectly identify you as a person, eg. your name and surname, your email, your phone number etc. We never collect your personal data without your consent.
Paros Luxury Hotels is a private website in Greece. It is a collaboration of hotels on Paros island, therefore, there is no physical address.
What personal information do we collect in our hotels?
We are obligated to obtain the below presented personal data regarding you and/or your family members. We may not ask you about some personal data such as health information or interests.
Contact details: name, surname, email, phone number etc.
Personal information: date of birth, nationality etc.
Information regarding your children if staying in one of our accommodation: name, surname, age, father’s name.
Billing data: credit card number, cc expiration date, ccv code, VAT number.
Arrival/Departure information: date of arrival & departure, flight number, ferry boat name etc.
Interests: fitness activities, sport activities, room preference etc.
Health information: e.g. allergies, diet etc.
Cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on your computer, mobile or other device by your web browser while you are browsing. Cookies can remember the user’s browsing activity like page visited, time spend on a website, login data etc. Our website use both session and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary and exist only while you navigate our website. Browsers normally delete session cookies when you close the browser used to visit our website. Persistent cookies do not have an expiration date and remain on your device.
We use third-party cookies or “pixels” from third-party service providers like Google tools (Google Analytics, Google Adwords) Facebook, Twitter or other social networks. Third-party service providers have the access to information on our website. This information is not considered as personal data and cannot identify you as a person.
- Statistics: regarding the number of users that visited our website, time spend on the website, location of the user. We use Google Analytics tool for our statistics.
- Advertisement: cookies can assist us and third-party services to provide a relevant advertisement. We use re-targeting and re-marketing tools for advertising, provided by Google, Facebook, Twitter or other social networks.
When do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information during:
- Reservation. When you preside to reservation via third-party like travel agencies, online tour operators (eg. booking.com, expedia, agoda etc.) and other reservation systems, you should be informed that transmission of date is involved. We may also ask you to provide us with personal information (e.g. name, surname etc.) during your reservation via email or via contact form on our website.
- Check-in. We will ask you to provide us your personal information, as well as other information during the check-in.
- Payment. We will ask you to provide us sensitive information like credit card number, cc expiration date, ccv code, VAT number and any other information required by the law.
- Use of other services. We will ask you to provide personal information and sensitive information in order to arrange a variety of services (e.g. transfers, dining arrangements, yoga class, babysitting etc.)
- Marketing Purposes. If you like to participate in our offers or loyalty programs, as well as surveys, we might ask you to provide your personal data.
- Wifi connection.
Why do we collect personal information?
We collect personal, as well as sensitive information in order to make your stay comfortable and to be able to provide you with our services. We also collect information due to the legislation.
We collect your personal information for the below actions:
Reservation. It’s important for us to have your personal information in order to manage your reservation, preferences (eg. bed preferences) and other eg. time of arrival.
Marketing purposes. It’s important for us to have your personal information, in order to provide you with our services before, during and after your interaction with us, to measure your level of satisfaction, send newsletters with offers and loyalty promotions, to obtain and manage statistics, to evaluate our products, to serve you with relevant content and advertising.
Your stay. We need your personal information in order to monitor services during your stay in our hotels (e.g. telephone, WiFi access, room service).
We never collect any date from our customers for reasons that don’t comply with GDPR legislation or to harm your well-being.
How long do we keep your data?
After giving us your consent, we will store and use your personal information, but for no longer than it’s needed to comply with its purpose. This means that we will delete e.g. your email after your check-out.
With your consent, we might use your information such as name, surname and email to send you promotional information until you unsubscribe.
Sharing your personal data.
We never share ANY of your information with unknown third-party entities.
However we might share your information with:
Our Hotels. In order to make a reservation, we will share your personal data like email, name, surname with the hotel you have chosen to stay at. The purpose of that is to reserve a room in our hotel for the dates you wish to visit it.
Business partners. Our trusted business partners such as transfer companies, car rentals, restaurants etc. might ask us your name, surname and email in order for us to book their services on your behalf.
Service providers. We may share your information with reliable third-party service providers such as banks, mail service companies, law firms.
Other third-parties. We will share your information if we will be obligated by law with regulators, law enforcement etc.
Your “right to be forgotten”
We are obligated by law to erase your personal information, if you ask us to do so. We are also obligated to inform you what information we hold about you if you ask us. If the information is inaccurate, you can ask us to correct it. You can ask us at any time to stop sending you promotional newsletters, by sending us an email, or by unsubscribing using the link or button placed in every promotional email.
If you have any question regarding how we use your personal data, please don’t hesitate to contact us.